From pinot grigio to carménère, Chile’s wide diversity of delectable wines will not only impress your tastebuds but provide you with a window into local culture. Join local guide Jose as you experience these wines firsthand, for a truly unforgettable day trip. You’ll visit one of the famous valleys outside of Santiago where you will hear local winemaking stories, experience the history of Chilean wine production, and taste the finest wines. Understand what wine really means to Chilean identity on this fun and relaxing day trip.
- Get picked at your accommodations in Santiago in the morning by your Local Guide Jose.
- Driving outside of Santiago, your first stop will be at a small boutique winery where you will enjoy a tour and tasting.
- After, you will enjoy lunch a delicious Mediterranean-style restaurant or a luxurious colonial-style restaurant, both of which use local ingredients and flavors.
- Next, visit another unique boutique winery, located in the idyllic countryside for a tasting and tour.
- After your done at the winery, get dropped off at your accommodations in Santiago.
Please let your local guide know of any dietary restrictions or allergies.
My greatest passion in life is travel. I’ve always loved exploring new cultures, meeting people from all over, and, of course, tasting the unique flavors of each place I go. This love, has led me around the world, and eventually back to Chile with the mission to show off my home’s gastronomic delights to fellow travelers.
My international adventures first began after I finished university in my home city in Chile. Longing to see more of the world, I decided to continue my studies in Switzerland at Les Roches, one of the best hotel schools in the world. During this time, I had the opportunity to travel around Europe and work in acclaimed restaurants and major hotel chains. Later, I moved to the USA to work at the Hyatt in Atlanta. After a few years abroad, I decided I had enough experience to pursue my true passion. Thus, I returned to Chile and began hosting food tours in Santiago.
Chile may not be known around the world for its food, and so through my tours, I hope to help build my country’s reputation for delicious foods. I love showing travelers just how amazing my country's gastronomy really is. Watching my guests bite into one of our famous empanadas or taste our finest wines is as if they truly are understanding my culture for the first time. Seeing the smile emerge on their faces is what makes me so happy and proud to be both a tour guide and a Chilean.