The perfect way to check Machu Picchu off your bucket list, join Local Guide Carlos, an ancient history aficionado with over 10 years of guiding experience, on this full-day trip. In just one day, you can experience the full beauty, mystery, and intrigue of one of the seven world wonders. Your adventure starts early as you drive through the impressive Sacred Valley and take a train into the cloud forest, all part of the magnificent journey to the marvel that is Machu Picchu. With a private group tour in Machu Picchu, you can ensure you make the most of your experience and have any questions you may have answered. Carlos will be there the entire way as a local expert, ready and excited to help you enjoy your trip to the fullest.
- Your local guide will pick you up around 5 am.
- Drive about two hours to Ollantaytambo, where you will board the train to Aguas Callientes.
- The train to Aguas Calientes takes about 1.5 hours.
- Once you reach this small town at the foot of Machu Picchu, you will take a 20 minute bus ride to the ruins.
- At Machu Picchu, your expert Local Guide will host a private two-hour tour, highlighting the most fascinating aspects of the archeological wonder, and ensuring that all your questions have answers!
- After the tour, you will have time to explore on your own, take photos, and soak in the beauty of this world wonder.
- After, you can enjoy lunch at the Machu Picchu restaurant or, if you prefer, you can bring your own.
- Afterwards, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Ollantaytambo.
- In the city, your private transportation will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Born and raised in the city Cusco, Peru, I grew up learning about traditional Andean customs, like how to speak Quechua, from my grandparents. Spending time with them taught me to cherish my culture and jumpstarted my love for ancient history. After high school, I decided to turn this passion into my career and went on to study tourism. I started out by helping lead treks on the Inca Trail. I loved being outside every day and sharing my love of history with people from all over the world. I quickly became a lead guide on the Inca Trail and even started leading other treks and tours around the area.
I’ve been guiding now for about 18 years and have led well over 500 treks in Cusco and the Sacred Valley, yet it never gets old. Join me, and I can show you the secrets and wonders of my ancestors. Let me take you off the beaten path, away from the typical tourist track, and show you what it really means to connect with nature. Through my tours, I want to take you back in time to the days of the Incan Empire. Step into my time machine and let’s explore!