1 ~ 8
Learn why Mexican breakfast is one of the most enjoyable meals by learning to cook some of the most traditional Mexican dishes served at breakfasts, including enchiladas (filled with chicken, cheese, or potato), chilaquiles (topping options: cream, cheese and onion/ avocado and onion) and enfrijoladas with chipotle filled with fried plantains. Enjoy a market tour and a full lunch in an intimate cooking studio. Join Local Guide Graciela for a customized experience where you’ll immerse yourself in the Mexican culture.
- The experience will start with a culinary market walk to Mercado de Medellin (walking distance)
- Return to your class to be welcomed with "agua fresca" while learning about the history of Mexican cuisine.
- Get detailed explanations of recipes and ingredients, then get ready to head to the kitchen for a hands-on cooking experience.
- Prepare: Enchiladas Verdes, Chilaquiles Rojos, Enfrijoladas with chipotle filled with fried plantain, Cornbread, and Champurrado.
- Afterwards, enjoy the meal you've prepared with a nice sobremesa with all participants.
- Vegan and vegetarian options available
- Previous cooking experience is not required; classes are adapted according to guests' level
- Class conducted in English or Spanish
- Must be 12 years or older, minors should be accompanied by a paying adult
- Agua fresca (fruit-based water beverage)
- All ingredients needed to cook
- Printed recipes
- Market Tour
- Enchiladas verdes, chilaquiles rojos, enfrijoladas, cornbread, champurrado
What's not included
- While in the kitchen, we recommend wearing closed shoes.
- Please avoid scarves, long necklaces and jewelry while in the kitchen.
- Have a very light meal before class.
I am Graciela Montaño, a Mexican- born chef with extensive sommelier and pairing studies. I graduated from Colegio Superior de Gastronomia and Escuela de Gastronomía Mexicana, both in Mexico City. I run a TV show every Friday at 12:30 central time on public national channel ONCE TV. I grew up in Mexico City, a bustling metropolis where delicious food is accessible at any hour of the day. I was inspired to become a chef by my family.