1 ~ 8
During this hands-on cooking class, you’ll have fun cooking in a terrace and learning to cook seafood dishes like fish ceviche as well as some Mexican gastronomy dishes like shrimp pozole and trout with two sauces (green and red) that you can replicate back home. This class gives you the opportunity to join Local Chef Graciela for a customized experience in her intimate kitchen. You will start with a quick introduction to Mexican ingredients and food history, followed by a hands-on cooking class, and finish with a delicious drink. This is a workshop that connects you with the Mexican cuisine in a very special way.
- The experience will start by welcoming you with a fruit-based water beverage called "agua fresca" while you learn about the history of Mexican cuisine.
- Get detailed explanations of recipes and ingredients, then get ready to head to the kitchen for a hands-on cooking experience.
- Prepare: fish ceviche, shrimp pozole, and trout with two sauces.
- Afterward, enjoy the meal you've prepared with a pairing of a Margarita, handcrafted Mexican beer or wine.
- Finish your experience with a high note of hot chocolate and dessert.
- Previous cooking experience is not required; classes are adapted according to guests' level
- Class conducted in English or Spanish
- Must be 12 years or older, minors should be accompanied by a paying adult
- Agua fresca (fruit-based water beverage)
- All ingredients needed to cook
- Printed recipes
- Mezcal tasting
- Fish ceviche, shrimp pozole, and trout with two sauces
- Hot chocolate (water-based)
- Choice of Margarita, craft beer or glass of wine
What's not included
- While in the kitchen, we recommend wearing closed shoes.
- Please avoid scarves, long necklaces and jewelry while in the kitchen.
- Have a very light meal before class.
Good for Groups
Good for Couples
I am Graciela Montaño, a Mexican- born chef with extensive sommelier and pairing studies. I graduated from Colegio Superior de Gastronomia and Escuela de Gastronomía Mexicana, both in Mexico City. I run a TV show every Friday at 12:30 central time on public national channel ONCE TV. I grew up in Mexico City, a bustling metropolis where delicious food is accessible at any hour of the day. I was inspired to become a chef by my family.