1 ~ 8
Make your own Mexican street tacos by learning homemade recipes of some of the best street tacos in town, including Taco al Pastor, Taco de Barbacoa and Taco Campechano, that you can replicate back home. Enjoy a market tour (in the morning class) and a full lunch in an intimate cooking studio.
Join Local Guide Graciela for a customized experience where you’ll immerse yourself in the Mexican culture. You will start with a quick introduction to Mexican ingredients and food history, followed by a hands-on cooking class, and finish with a delicious drink and dessert. This is a workshop that connects you with Mexican cuisine in a very special way.
- The experience will start by welcoming you with a fruit-based water beverage called "agua fresca" while you learn about the history of Mexican cuisine.
- Market tour to Mercado de Medellín (walking distance).
- Get detailed explanations of recipes and ingredients, then get ready to head to the kitchen for a hands-on cooking experience.
- Prepare Tacos al Pastor (pork), Tacos de Barbacoa (beef), Tacos Campechanos (beef and pork), three Mexican salsas and hand-made tortillas.
- Afterward, enjoy the lunch you've prepared with a pairing of hibiscus agua fresca.
- Finish your experience with a high note of hot chocolate and dessert.
- While in the kitchen, we recommend wearing closed shoes.
- Please avoid scarves, long necklaces and jewelry while in the kitchen.
- Have a very light meal before class.
- All ingredients needed to cook
- Printed recipes
- Mezcal tasting
- Tacos al Pastor, Tacos de Barbacoa, Tacos Campechanos, three Mexican salsas, and hand-made tortillas.
- Choice of Margarita, craft beer or glass of wine
- Hot chocolate (water-based)
What's not included
Additional Pricing Information (*)
- This class is not suitable for vegan or vegetarian diets
- Previous cooking experience is not required; classes are adapted according to guests' level
- Class conducted in English or Spanish
- Must be 12 years or older, minors should be accompanied by a paying adult
Good for Solo Traveler
Learn a New Skill
Good for Groups
Good for Couples
I am Graciela Montaño, a Mexican- born chef with extensive sommelier and pairing studies. I graduated from Colegio Superior de Gastronomia and Escuela de Gastronomía Mexicana, both in Mexico City. I run a TV show every Friday at 12:30 central time on public national channel ONCE TV. I grew up in Mexico City, a bustling metropolis where delicious food is accessible at any hour of the day. I was inspired to become a chef by my family.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question
We are here for you. If you have any questions about this tour, please do not hesitate to contact us!